Navy Rating Badges and Insignia
I never saw myself as a collector of U.S. Navy rating badges. As I take stock of the articles that I have written in the past few years, I see that I have spent more effort covering the unique uniform rank insignia that distinguishes the naval uniform from all of the other branches of the U.S. armed forces. Readers have also shown (via the site traffic statistics for this site) that people are most interested in reading and researching rating badges more than anything else that I cover.
- Discerning Birds: U.S. Navy Rating Badges from WWI to WWII
- Rare Bird – Outside of Uniform Regulations
- Navy Enlisted Ratings Eliminated: What are the Impacts on Sailors and Collectors?
- Silver Eagles: Navy Bullion Rates
- Tracking U.S. Navy Specialties: The History of Radarmen
- Chiefly Limited: Space for Uniforms is at a Premium
- Militaria Bargains to be Had
- A Temporary Break From Tradition: Navy Shoulder Sleeve Insignia